Microsoft SMTP Server on Windows Server 2022
When going into Internet Information Services (IIS ) 6.0 Manager and right clicking on SMTP Virtual Server #1 and choosing Properties it will display Snapin Error – MMC has detected an error in a snap-in dialog.
To get around this problem and to be able to setup SMTP follow these steps:
- Stop IIS Admin Service and Simple Mail Transport Protocol (SMTP) in Services
- Edit C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\MetaBase.xml with notepad
- Look for <IIsSmtpServer Location =”/LM/SmtpSvc/1″
- In the alphabetical list of settings if you do not see a line RelayIpList=”” insert that into the file save and start IIS Admin Service and Simple Mail Transport Protocol (SMTP).
If there is already and RelayIpList=”003″ (shortened for example) cut the long numeric value there so it only reads RelayIpList=”” and save the file, then start IIS Admin Service and Simple Mail Transport Protocol (SMTP).
- Reopen Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 Manger and you should now be able to open the properties for SMTP Virtual Server #1.