Microsoft from time to time will update the Service Stack that provides improvements to the update process in Windows along with some other Windows features. The page linked below has all of the latest Service Stack updates for each version of Windows. These updates should appear in Windows Update as they are released by Microsoft.
By installing updates, the following things may be improved:
- Ensure that updates can be installed as they may require a specific Service Stack version.
- Improve the reliability of the update process.
- Improve the performance.
- Other improvements outlined in the description of individual Service Stack Updates.
|Product||SSU Package||Date Released|
|Windows Server 2008||4493730||April 2019|
|Windows 7/Server 2008 R2||4490628||March 2019|
|Windows Server 2012||4504418||July 2019|
|Windows 8.1/Server 2012 R2||4504418||July 2019|
|Windows 10||4509090||July 2019|
|Windows 10 Version 1607/Server 2016||4509091||July 2019|
|Windows 10 Version 1703||4509092||July 2019|
|Windows 10 1709/Windows Server, version 1709||4509093||July 2019|
|Windows 10 1803/Windows Server, version 1803||4509094||July 2019|
|Windows 10 1809/Server 2019||4512937||July 22, 2019|
|Windows 10 1903/Windows Server, version 1903||4508433||July 26, 2019|
How can I check if my computer has the latest Service Stack update
- Determine version of Windows
- In Windows 10, choose Settings, System, About – Version
- Click Start, search for Programs and Features, click View Installed Updates
- In the upper right Search Installed Updates type in KB# listed in table above for your version of Windows.